- Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) announces state allocations to the local cultural councils.
- On September 1 all councils have posted their local guidelines and priorities to their public webpage. Applicants should review the application process and learn about any local council criteria.
- Grant applications must be submitted to the Watertown Cultural Council by October 17.
- Applications are now done entirely online. No hardcopy applications will be accepted.
- Between November 1 and December 30 councils will hold voting meetings to make decisions on applications, send denial letters, and handle reconsiderations.
- By January 15, 2017 councils will have submitted their Annual Report to the Massachusetts Cultural Council, and will begin to notify successful applicants.
- Watertown Cultural Council processes reimbursement requests with their municipality. The time to process reimbursements varies but can take from 4 to 8 weeks.
- Grantees carry out their programs and acknowledge the funding they've received through the MCC/WCC.